Monday, June 15, 2009

Where to go to Church.....

I am researching churches for next fall while I am at college...here is a short part of the beliefs of one church I found......
"We say that God was uniquely present in the life of Jesus of Nazareth. One word we use to describe this belief is that God was 'incarnate' in Jesus, that is, God’s own self was present in Jesus’ very body. Following his death, his disciples found that Christ still lived in their midst. Thus, they found themselves connected to God as they discovered themselves to be part of Christ’s resurrected body. And that is still the case today. We [name of group] say that we human beings are united to God through Christ."
On the surface (if one isn't thinking very much) it sounds okay....but when I start thinking about what they are REALLY saying (and what they DON'T say), it give me the creeps!

I don't think I'll go there..........................

No comments: